Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Turning Point

I had a phone interview Friday afternoon with a company in Portland. The lady calling was the National Sales Manager of A1 Fresh Impressions, a marketing and promotional products company in the SE suburbs of Portland. After speaking with Ms. Barna over the phone and a computer video chat, she said she was satisfied that she could stop looking for someone to fill the position. A formal offer would come later.

The position I applied for was a Customer Service Representative/Administrative Assistant; however, after speaking with Ms. Barna, she thought I would be a better fit in the Internal Sales position, an hourly plus commission position. The position is for 40 hours a week and includes benefits! I received my formal offer yesterday. Check out the company!

I called the apartment of my dreams yesterday as well, and the management staff is currently going through the applications for the property. I again expressed my genuine interest in the unit, and was told that I should hear back around Wednesday or Thursday.

It looks like everything is really starting to come together. We have been going through our stuff like crazy people, trying to slim down enough of our belongings into two cars. I never knew I had so much stuff! Mom has offered to help me have a yard sale on April 23-24, so I am frantically trying to get ready for that, on top of my last minute school assignments.

School is keeping me very overwhelmed these days. On Monday, we have a 20 page research report, a presentation, and a semester-long final project due. The kicker is that we have to have it all finished by Thursday, because we are going to be in Raleigh all weekend for Doug's cocktail party/wedding shower (Friday night) and Courtney and Matt's costume,karaoke party/wedding shower (Saturday night). It should be a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment