Sunday, January 23, 2011

A new post (FINALLY!)

Ok ok... so I took a month off from my blog. Yes, I have been busy over the past month. Yes, I have had tons to say and little to no time to say it in. And yes, I do apologize that I kept you in MAJOR suspense as to what is going on in Portland. Alas, here is a new post... for your reading pleasure.

So Ross and I made the big trip across the country for Christmas, and had a WONDERFUL time at home. From family dinners, generous presents, laughs and delicious meals, to an unexpected snow storm that trapped everyone at Nana & Papa's house Christmas day and almost canceled my flight back to Raleigh... Christmas break was an adventure to say the least! I think I got back to Portland, needing a vacation from my vacation! But I am SO glad I got to see everyone and I am looking forward to my next trip (whenever that will be!).

I would love to entertain you all with hundreds of photos from my trip home... BUT... I think you would rather hear more about what we have been up to then see pictures of events that you all were at (am I right?).

Ross and I made it back to the same time zone just in time for New Year's Eve (if you remember, I was in NC the week before Christmas, and he was there for the week after.... essentially 2 weeks apart). Instead of going downtown with the drunks and crazies, we decided to have a little party at our apartment with Jackson, Amelia, Eisley and Henry. We had cocktails and appetizers, played card games and watched New Year's tv. Most people on the East Coast tune into the yearly New Year's Eve Ball Drop in New York City, and being the good North Carolinians that we are, we did too. However, what is unique about our New Year's is we got to celebrate 3 times! Once at midnight East Coast time (when the NYC ball dropped officially) and then every hour on the hour for the next three hours until it was OUR midnight!


(Eisley with Jackson & Amelia- her favorite babysitters- on New Year's Eve)


(New Year's Eve kiss?)

So after New Year's we kicked the year off with lots of work (gotta pay off those plane tickets and Christmas presents!) and new toys for the kids. Eisley LOVED the "flea" she got from Santa Nana and after carrying it around like it was her baby for 2 weeks (and sleepping with it every night), she decided it was time for DESTRUCTION mode.... needless to say, Flea had a hard end to his life.


(All that remains of Flea)

Henry gained a little bit of Christmas weight over the holidays, and continues to be the true love of Ross' life. The two are pretty much inseparable; when Ross sits, Henry is on his lap. When Ross goes outside, Henry stands at the door and cries. (Keep it mind, when I had Alley, Ross was supposedly "allergic to cats")


(Henry lounging in the middle of the floor, probably watching Ross cooking dinner)

Shortly after we got back from NC, I took a trip with work to Vegas for a promotional product trade show. I flew in early Wednesday night and left mid-day Thursday, and I can honestly say that is all I ever care to spend in Vegas.


(The Vegas we have all heard of)

Honestly, Vegas was all about gambling away money you don't have (we are in a recession here people!), drinking yourself stupid (I guess not everyone has seen The Hangover), eating terrible food that is super expensive (no thanks), wearing clothing fit for a poodle or hooker (neither is attractive, trust me) and allowing smoking inside the hotels (gross). I would prefer to go to New York or L.A. any day. The trade show was fine, and I met some really neat people, but I think next year they should have it in Raleigh!


(I mean any city where Carrot Top has taken up permanent residence is probably not the place for me.)

While I was away Ross had an interview with adidas (they have their North American headquarters in Portland). His current job with Criterion Brock was going well, however it was only considered a temporary contract position, so he was looking around just in case. C.B. ended up offering him a full-time position, but so did adidas!!! Between the benefits, the work environment, and the fact that it is the number two sports brand in the WORLD, made it a difficult offer to refuse- so he accepted! Ross will be the new Master Data Analyst at adidas starting next Monday, January 31st!



To celebrate Ross' new position, we had a left over bottle of Cooks champagne from New Year's (oh yea, $4 a bottle!) in our new crystal that we got for Christmas (thanks Dad!).


(Keepin' it classy)

To continue the celebration, and to get us super ramped up for Ross' big day, we are heading to Seattle this upcoming weekend to check out the sites. Known as sort of a big sister city to Portland, Seattle is the home of Starbucks, great shopping, an excellent night life, numerous movie sets, and (of course!) more rain than Portland!



Oh and P.S. Since Eisley destroyed her Christmas Flea, she wanted me to show you her new toy. Oh wait...



No comments:

Post a Comment