Thursday, September 29, 2011

One last hoorah

I know yesterday I wrote about loving the transition into Fall weather, but I have to be honest and say Portland’s last hoorah at summer was a wonderful treat today. We experienced 80degree temperatures, bright sunshine, and a refreshing and cool breeze. The weather was perfect.

To celebrate, and because I knew I would spend the next 10 hours inside wishing I was enjoying the weather, I rode my bike today for what is probably going to be last truly great weather day for the year. (Starting Saturday, the forecast for the next 7 days is rain). I also wore an extremely California-summer inspired outfit (probably not work appropriate, woops). There were lots of bikers out and about this morning. Crossing the Broadway Bridge I saw a mother with her daughter on the back of the bike, and her son cruising along on his own bike in front (a true example of a Portland family). A couple of blocks later I saw a man in his mid-50s in a full suit peddling to work. It seems like everyone shared my excitement at Portland’s summer tribute.

This is the bridge I cross on my morning commutes, sometimes by bike and sometimes by Ford Focus.



To make the day even better, my lovely photographer posted a beautiful blog post about our wedding and reception today. Check out the pictures here:
http://www.alivelyphotographyblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment