Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome to Your Library

I have a new favorite winter spot in Portland- the Multnomah County Public Library. There are 17 branches throughout Portland, and with a little swipe of my free membership card, I have access to up to 150 books, 15 DVDs, and 15 CDs at a time. That’s a lot of literary material!! The Portland branch of the MCPL is only 3 miles from my front door, which means a quick little pedal over on my commuter bike and I am in book heaven. When I signed up for my membership Saturday afternoon, the librarian vibrantly smiled and said “Welcome to your library.” It was a magical moment. I pedaled home with a novel, a cookbook, and a self-help book on de-cluttering your home (I am pretty pumped about all three). I spent a large part of Saturday afternoon cuddled up in my reading chair with a cup of hot tea.



Sunday afternoon was the first Cross Crusade race of the year. Alpenrose Dairy saw 1800 riders compete throughout the day. It of course rained, but the spectators and racers alike toughed out the weather with the ever-present rain gear. Ross had a great race, and finished in the top half of the race. Pretty impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment