Thursday, November 10, 2011

How well do you know yourself?

Yesterday I got an email from one of the owners of my company. The subject line was “Fun Thing…” and attached was a questionnaire that contained questions about yourself. It was sent out to everyone in the company (only 15 of us total in both offices) and we were asked to fill it out and return it. I have no idea what it is for, but it did tell me something very interesting… I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about my favorites. Everyone has automated responses prepared for interviews, first introductions, and party mixers, but how often do we use those? And how accurate are the answers we have “prepared?”

Some questions were easy: name, birthday, school affiliation. I got all of those knocked out really quick. Shoe size. Hmm…. Usually I am a 7, but in cowgirl boots I am a 6.5 and in some tennis shoes I am a 7.5. Ok, I went with a 7. What did you want to be when you were a kid? Automatic answer: a veterinarian... another easy one. Favorite color, favorite candy, favorite TV show, favorite band, favorite drink (both alcoholic and not). These were all tricky for me. For every answer I wanted to put “depends on my mood.” So, I wrote down multiple answers (is that fair?).

Then came the really hard ones. If you were an animal what you be? (I cheated and took a quiz on the WWF website that chose for me). What are you most proud of? If you could take one person to lunch, dead or alive, who would it be? (I kept thinking hopefully the dead people wouldn’t be zombies) If you could learn to do anything what would it be? I found myself trying to think of what I should say versus the truth. I had a little panic attack (just a mini one) wondering if my coworkers would think I was some weirdo tree-hugger from the South. Then I realized, they already know that. And they still like me.

I did some soul searching at work yesterday. It made me realize my priorities, some insecurities, and most importantly, that I need to spend more time getting to know Katie (because I hear she is pretty cool.) I sent my answers to Ross to have him assess the accuracy and see what I left out. He said I did pretty darn well.

So here are some fun facts that I learned about Katie Henderson Bowden today (I am not inserting the whole list, because it’s a bit long):

If you were an animal you would be a….. African Wild Dog (the quiz told me that) or a monkey
If you could learn how to do anything what would it be? Fluency in another language or if someone were to pay for me to go back to school I would study biology/zoology/vet science
Favorite Color? Blue, green, charcoal… do I have to pick one?!?! Probably dark royal blue
Coffee? Tea? And what? Brazilian coffee (fair trade, organic!) with a little bit of honey and cream
Drink (non alcoholic)? Sweet tea
Drink (alcoholic)? Light, cheap beer (how is that for classy?) or champagne
Cuisine? Vegetarian burrito
Chocolate? YES PLEASE! Dark chocolate or anything with chocolate and peanut butter
Candy? Cherry Twizzlers Pull ‘N’ Peel or Peanut M&Ms
Movie? You’re Got Mail
Hobby? Reading in the sunshine and refinishing furniture
Vacation Spot? Somewhere I have been: Hawaii Somewhere I want to go: Greece
Sport? Cycling or football
Logo? World Wildlife Fund
Store to Shop (online or brick and mortar)? JCrew

How well would you do on a pop quiz about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment