Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas

I haven't been as much in the Christmas spirit this year as I usually am 5 days after Thanksgiving, so I have been immersing myself in holiday cheer the past 24 hours. Christmas tunes non-stop at the office, coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer, and thoughts of presents and stocking stuffing! So far, it's starting to help!

Yesterday was a long day at the office and my sweet husband surprised me with an evening of excitement once I got home. First on the agenda was a delicious dinner (black bean burritos… YUM!) followed by a quick trip to our neighborhood Christmas tree lot. A lot of our neighbors already have outdoor Christmas lights up, so Ross, Eisley, and I rode the scenic route for the 2-mile drive to the tree lot. We were planning to get a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree (aka an awkward, ugly tree), but we decided if it had big gaps in it Henry may be more tempted to climb it. So without further ado, presenting our first married Christmas tree!!!




Our little tree has to live in the garage for a while because it was out in the Portland rain for a bit too long, but at least our garage smells like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment