Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone and we survived (I mean loved) our first holiday as a married couple! We really enjoyed traveling around to three different houses for Thanksgiving dinner and sharing in delicious holiday foods. Unlike last year (when he was a sweetheart and was forced to eat vegetarian with me), Ross got turkey this year! Woo hoo! And I got loads of carbs and delicious side dishes. YUM! As my contribution we took pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and carrot cake/cream cheese cupcakes. These were a huge hit! Made from scratch carrot cake with cream cheese in the middle and cream cheese icing on top. The inside was savory, the outside was sweet, and the whole thing was DELICIOUS! I baked and Ross took artsy pictures of my creations….




The rest of the weekend we were able to relax and work on some projects around the house. The weather was surprisingly calm, so we got to get out on bikes and go for walks most days as well.

I meant to post on Thanksgiving day, but since I was so busy baking all day, I will take a minute to tell you what I am most thankful for this year:

A healthy and happy family who loves me unconditionally
A handsome husband who makes me laugh every day
Loyal friends who stay in touch even though we live thousands of miles apart
A cute little house in a really neat city
A puppy who is a bit too emotionally attached to me and a cat who ignores me
Dedicated blog readers (no matter how few, I appreciate you!)

Our plan for the week is to find a new purpose for our beautiful pumpkins (because I can't stand the thought of throwing them out) and put up our CHRISTMAS DECORATION!!!!!!!! Here is a sneak peak at what he have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment