Thursday, February 9, 2012

Running in the Rain

As part of my 2012 goal to run a half marathon, I have decided to start my training off with preparing for a 10K race (6.2miles). A friend of mine is doing the Race for the Roses, a run on April 1 that supports Albertina Kerr which is a local organization that helps Oregon children, adults, and families who have mental and health challenges and developmental disabilities by empowering them to lead fuller, self-determined lives. It's a great cause, and it will be a great training exercise! I am hoping to look into more spring and summer races to keep my momentum going!



You may remember the Shamrock Run (the race I did last year with Ross and almost DIED). I am considering running the 8K again (it is in March), but it is notorious for being really rainy... and honestly I am already running in the rain almost every day for training. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment