Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap Day

All day yesterday I had reoccurring thoughts of “Hey, it’s Leap Day! Something MAGICAL should happen!” I am not sure why I decided that Leap Day was any more special than February 28th or March 1st in its magical powers, other than the fact that the day only comes around every 4 years or so, but maybe it was that I so desperately wanted something magical to happen that I willed the powers at be into making it happen on Wednesday February 29th. Well, I am sad to report that Februrary 29th came and went without a magical encounter.

But….

Last night I had the best dream ever. I woke up smiling this morning. I am NOT a morning person. I am cranky, irritable, groggy, and downright unpleasant for the first 20 minutes I am up. But this morning, I woke up SMILING! All because of this little guy. Meet Gus.



In my dream last night, a rare species of animals (that looks a WHOLE LOT like a baby kangaroo), were being placed in captive care because it was discovered that they would flourish much better alongside human counterparts as opposed to on their own in the wild. They were being placed with very specific human families, and guess who got one?! This girl! (Pointing at myself)

(And yes, I did spend the past 30 minutes googling pictures of baby kangaroos to find the one that looked like my Gus.)

So in my dream I had this adorable fuzzed-headed, big footed, jumping, loving, adorable kangaroo-look alike baby who LOVED me and lived in my garage. I would say “hey GUUUUUUUUS!” and throw open my arms and he would take two little leaps right into my arms and snuggle into my chest with the most content look of love and genuine happiness. I would rub him down in super-hot baths (his favorite) and feed him crunchy carrot sticks. (Because of these two factors, Ross is convinced that Gus is really a subconscious-created hybrid between Eisley and me). Gus was the best pet ever.

And then I woke up.

And it had snowed while I was dreaming about my little Gus (it doesn’t snow in Portland).


So maybe March 1 is magical?

No comments:

Post a Comment