Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blog Posts I Meant to Write

Ok, I promise I am not going to get in the trend of never writing. I have been there, done that, lost all my fans. No fun at all. So, I want to give you a bit of a recap of blog posts I WOULD HAVE written over the past 2.5 weeks, if I hadn't been a big poop head and didn't do it.

1. An ode to Portland: this blog post would have been a little sappy, talked about how much I loved Portland, how the city helped me grow into the person I was always supposed to become, how it helped fortify my relationship with Ross and provided a place for many dates, a perfect engagement, and the first home we lived in together as a married couple. I would have discussed how I am sad to leave behind the wonderful friends we made in Portland, the glorious vegetarian/cycling/hypster culture, and of course Emmett (my Jade plant) who I cried over the day I left my office for the last time (he grew too big to bring back to NC with us). But, we did get to bring a little piece of Portland with us... Sir Henry Gaylord... our PDX cat. Awwwwww.

2. PARTY: All of our beautiful friends came out with us one last night in Portland and we celebrated the great times we had together. All of the pictures turned out fuzzy (it was a very dark bar), but it is a great memory.

3. Road trip: have no fear, this post IS coming. I had every intention of posting along the way, similar to the way I started this blog 2 years ago; however, we were camping most nights. Internet and camping don't usually go hand in hand. So there was the occasional facebook update and tweets about how bored I was driving through Kansas, but I left out all of the really good stuff. Like stories about Eisley rolling in elk poop. And of course PICTURES (because we took several hundred). So I hope that builds your suspense... the next blog post will be EPIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment