Monday, July 16, 2012

New 'do

I cut off all my hair.

Ok, now that the news is out of the way, I can give you some background info. 

I have always had a weird "thing" with my hair... I don't really know what it is. I have always looked at long hair as an accomplishment. I thought deep down that people would look at me, with my long tangled locks, and think "Wow, look at her long hair. Isn't that great?!"  I felt like my hair was a bit of a security blanket, something I could always count on.  Even if I knew it was going to be huge, frizzy, and a bit like a lion's mane, I felt like it was part of my personality.  I told you, it was weird.

So, for some reason, I decided it was time to cut it all off.  I stressed and worried and researched for way too long and then, just did it. Without even telling Ross I was going to.  I went to the salon, chopped of close to 6 inches, and when Ross came home from work... POW!  I had short hair.

And the big surprise.... I actually love it!  It takes a fraction of the time to comb it out, it is hardly ever tangled, I use a TON less shampoo/conditioner, and my neck and back stays about 10degrees cooler without all of the extra weight.

So here it is... ta da!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before (at a friend's wedding a couple of weeks ago):


And after!




2 comments:

  1. You look just like your MOTHER!! Espceially in her dress. I love you..... meant to post the comment.... not email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you look stunning! Love the short 'do and that sunny smile of yours!

    ReplyDelete