Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sewing


I have figured out how to use my sewing machine. (Insert squeal of excitement here!)

This past weekend we had the pleasure of hosting one of Ross’ college roommates and his girlfriend for the night. While all we could offer them was a few random snacks from our pantry and a place to sleep on our Ikea futon (hey, it was a last minute thing!), we had a great time and enjoyed the opportunity to catch up with them. AND… Kelly (the girlfriend, not the college roommate) knew how to fix my sewing machine!

After a few failed attempts at sewing a row, Kelly realized it wasn’t just me… the sewing machine was being a little devil. So, she took it apart (the correct way) and put it back together (also the correct way) and diagnosed a problem with the bobbin.  What does that mean? I don’t know… but she showed me how to remedy the situation.  So… I spent Sunday afternoon sewing t-shirt material to quilt squares. I felt like such an old woman, getting pure joy from sitting in front of my machine, but I love the feeling of making something by “hand” that I could have paid a lot more money for in a store.

Hopefully by the end of the week I will have my full stack of squares ready to go and I will be able to start sewing them together for my quilt top!


No comments:

Post a Comment